I decided to make a card using some images from the Victorian Easter Collage Sheet. My choice of the main image with the eggs was influenced by a botanical stamp set I had out on my desk from a previous project. I decided to include some rabbits and little chicks and add some dimension to this with some mounting foam.
Altered Pages Supplies Used:
- Collage Images from Victorian Easter Collage Sheet
- Dylusions Spray Inks: Lime Fresh, Lemon Zest, Vibrant Turquoise
- Green, Orange and Brown Gelatos
- Niji Waterbrush
- Mini Botanicals Stencil from the Crafter's Workshop
- Green Seam Binding
- Green Sari Silk Ribbon
- Quick Cuts Grass Die
- Paris Trunk Tiara Gold and Walnut Inks
- Altered Pages Art Stamps: Basket Weave
I started by stenciling with the Mini Botancials Stencil onto a piece of Watercolor Paper with Acrylic Paint.
Acrylic Paint acts as a resist with most color mediums.
I covered the entire piece with the stenciled design
I then sprayed onto my craft sheet my three colors of Dylusion Inks
With my Niji Waterbrush I picked up the Dylusions Color and painted my background
With the Dylusions so vibrant I decided to tone it back with a little Gesso
I used my brayer to add a light coverage of Gesso across my entire background
Next I took various colors of Gelatos and simply scribbled and striped color across my background
I blended this color with my Waterbrush and then taking a baby wipe I wiped across the background to remove some color and reveal my leaves again.
Next with some Walnut and Green Inks I stamped some leaves across my background
Once happy that my background toned in perfectly with my main collage image I used a oval die to cut out the shape
I arranged my collage images onto my background with some elements raised on mounting foam and then proceeded to assemble my card.
My collage was layered over a piece of cardstock which had been stamped with Tiara Gold Ink from Paris Trunk using the Altered Pages Basketweave Art Stamp. A bow tied from Sari Ribbon was layered into one tied with Green Seam Binding and a few strands of grass cut using a Quickcutz Die were added also.
Cardstock and Easter Sentiment from Stampin Up! and Leaf Stamps from Darkroom Door, Green Acrylic Paint, Gesso, Ranger Olive Archival Ink, Mounting Foam.